Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Flipped for Fluency Webinar Update

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the webinar, scheduled for September 18th was sold out yesterday. Luckily, my friends at www.sophia.org were able to add 20 more seats. So, if you haven't registered yet, now is the time!  http://www.eventbrite.com/event/4078709530

I have received almost 70 responses to my survey for content for the webinar. By popular demand, I will be focusing on classroom structure and lesson planning. I will try to incorporate some assessment, but might have to just post a video to the blog to cover this topic. If you have any specific concerns, please feel free to email me, and I will do my best to address them. I have written to many people looking to implement the flip right away, and I am happy to answer any questions or concerns.

I am looking forward to "seeing" you in September!

Heather

****UPDATE - As of 8/30 the webinar is totally sold out and we can't add any more seats. Hopefully we can do another one in the near future!

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Heather! I clicked on the link for the webinar just to check it out and it says we can register as a "guest" (I assume this means we can watch, but can't participate by asking questions or anything). Do you know if this is true? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure. If not, they are going to record it and I will post a link on my blog.

      Delete
  2. Heather, Thank you for all of your help getting started with the Flipped classroom concept. I actually gave an inservice presentation to the teachers in my county last month. I showed your parent video because I think it explained the flipped classroom the best. I was hopeful to recruit a few more teachers locally to take this journey with me. I received good feedback from the presentation, but no brave souls yet. I'm registered for your webinar, can't wait to learn more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a big leap for teachers to take. I know I have to let new ideas marinate sometimes before I begin using them. I am excited about the webinar tonight and hope you enjoy it! Feedback appreciated as always!

      Delete
  3. Oh no! I'm at work right now (luckily I have my prep), but unfortunately my school district doesn't have Adobe Connect - we're not allowed to download programs for understandable reasons (and can't even if we tried!). I'm so close to watching the webinar, but I can't access it. I'm so sad :( Any chance your video will be posted on Sophia later on?
    I know it must've gone very well! So sad I'm missing out!

    ReplyDelete